View Single Post
happysobercrafter
Elder

Member Since Jul 2017
9,930 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 19, 2020 at 06:36 PM

I wouldn't go to my doctors asking them to run a bunch of tests. They evaluate what tests to run based on your symptoms, and what they observe during your doctor visit. Plus, it's off putting to tell your doctor what you think they should do. Not all doctors are good physicians, just like any other field. Their title doesn't mean they know everything and are always accurate.

Can you see another doctor to get another opinion? Does anyone you know have a good doctor they are happy with? Or who to stay away from?

I went to several different doctors for a number of years, looking for answers for my own chronic fatigue and pain. After a couple of years doing that, a rheumatolgist diagnosed me with Connective Tissue Disorder. I have an autoimmune disorder, it also includes several other health problems like rheumatoid arthritis, fibromyalgia and a bunch of other fun medical problems.

My fatigue has improved over the years because I face the issues that fuel my depression as thoroughly as possible, on my own. It has taken a long time, but I see improvements almost daily. But, that is my situation, I am not saying it is yours.

Misterpain mentioned sleep apnea, that's a big problem that shows up in daily fatigue, along with thyroid problems, and other medical disorders.

I hope you find a good doctor who can help you determine what is going on and help you get better. Chronic fatigue is awful; I have had days where I could not sit up straight in a chair.

"Love you.
Take care of you.

Be true to you.

You are the only you,
you will ever know the best.

Reach for YOUR stars.

You can reach them better
than anyone else ever can."

Landon Clary Eason
Grateful Sobriety Fangirl Since 11-16-2007

Happy Sober Crafter
happysobercrafter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote