View Single Post
SarahSweden
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Jun 2014
219 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 20, 2020 at 07:00 AM

Thanks. Yes, Iīm not sure yet why she acts like she does as I didnīt want to confront her about it. Perhaps itīs just that we havenīt met in this setting more than a few times or that she feels uncomfortable if it gets "too" emotional.

Yes, I think emotional closeness or understanding is essential as itīs the road to healing. I easily tend to intellectualize issues and I often see what could be reasons to why I feel or act a certain way. But thatīs not enough and insights themselves arenīt enough. The processing need to be on an emotional level.

Whatīs your experience on that, do you feel youīve ever been met emotionally by a therapist?

I could perhaps tell her in the very situation that this is about feelings, not getting explanations and see how she responds to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by here today View Post
From what you have written, it seems like your fear may be realistic -- that is, she may NOT be able to get closer to you, for who knows what variety of reasons. Maybe professional boundaries and staying within what she knows that she has been trained for? Who knows.

And yet it sounds like you very much want more emotional closeness -- from her, or someone?

How to get there I don't have any suggestions, either. But, maybe a start is to "hold on" to just the feeling of wanting closeness, not the how, and see/feel what comes up for you? Or maybe not, could be too intense IDK. But if it IS intense, that's where having some support, even if only in the here and now, can be helpful IMO.
SarahSweden is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote