View Single Post
SarahSweden
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Jun 2014
219 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 20, 2020 at 07:07 AM

Thanks. No, Swedish healthcare would never pay me to see a therapist abroad, whether it´s online or not.

I agree talking on this forum is helpful, at least sometimes, and getting in touch with former therapists thorugh this forum is even better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvyrself View Post
You probably would have to pay for an online therapist licensed in the US. I dont know if they do that.
It might worth it. I’m in a situation that is not the same but has similar aspects. To have counseling online with my son, who lives in a different state,I would have to pay myself tho I have really good insurance..
Here’s another idea:12 step programs are built on mentorships. Each person who needs help asks someone (in the support group)to be their mentor. The 12 step programs in the states have had really good successes with this approach.
I struggle with how to work with my therapists too. I usually like a lot more structure with stronger attention to goals than most of them do in the US.
Do you have a specific diagnosis? Amazon has a lot of great workbooks for anxiety,depression, and many more. What behavior patterns do you feel you are repeating?
You have an amazing support group right here on Psych Central.! Some of the people on the forums are or have been licensed therapists. The best therapist I ever knew is on the forum. I mainly knew here as a bipolar friend, but in making suggestions to me, she was better than many of the therapists I have had—just brilliant. Her clientele had been a very challenged group including violent offenders so a former teacher like me was so easy for her .
We are all pulling for you.
SarahSweden is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote