Anonymous42019
Magnate

Member Since Sep 2019
3,106 hugs
given
Default Feb 20, 2020 at 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpentine Leaf View Post
We all need to step away for a bit when we get overwhelmed. We have to not only accept but celebrate our humanity. Then when we come back we're able to focus more on what unites rather than divides us, and see that so many people are working selflessly for a better future. The loudest voices aren't the most representative ones.

Self-care and self-compassion are essential! But they're things most of us struggle with. Not enough people get told that we matter, and in fact, we too often get the exact opposite message. Thank you, MuseumGhost (SO many cool screennames on here!) And I will say to everybody here on PC: you all matter and you all belong.

Hi @Serpentine Leaf

I think it's good practice also to limit our watching television news, especially towards bedtime when we tend to overthink; at least I do. We avoid watching tv docudramas because their content can trigger unpleasant memories and we go to bed with images troubling our minds. And let the world get on with itself.

Listening to the radio can be helpful because we are not bombarded with images. Radio can drone on in the background while we play with jigsaw puzzles or reading our current favourite book.

Self-care can be demanding at times, but reading is a relaxing hobby, and the book can be put down and returned to later.

When the sun is shining, then we can enjoy our creativity, be it colouring-in books shared with our children, or pootling around on a cycle or weeding in the garden. Our creativity is the most rewarding, even tending to houseplants and talking to them. And we don't need to sweat the small stuff.

Anonymous42019 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
zapatoes