Magnate

Member Since Jul 2014
183 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 20, 2020 at 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyda View Post
I am in a long term relationship with someone that I cannot talk to when it comes to anything of significance in terms of how I feel, good or bad. There is a conversation we need to have but I literally cannot speak whenever the opportunity arises. I can think of the words in my head when he’s not around but as soon as I’m face to face with him my mind goes blank, almost like a heavy cloud in my head and chest. I cannot say anything and when I try I say something so dumb it only makes him mad. Today I drove around for a half hour then sat in my car for fifteen minutes to avoid contact and when I got inside and thought I might be able to at least say “Can we talk” I couldn’t even get that out. I have shared this with him but he doesn’t believe me and thinks I’m trying to hide something. What is this?
Idk your reasons for your inability to talk about things with him but I'll be honest, it doesn't sound like an ideal situation with this person for a relationship. First thing that I asked in my head about this was "is he unapproachable regarding such things?" and then you mentioned he just gets mad which seems to me to allude to part of your fear in speaking up. "he doesn't believe me..." sounds like there isn't a level of trust between the two of you that is really critical to a successful relationship. unfortunately with what little you've said it's hard to even say much more than I have but figuring out what it is that is the disconnect between you two is vitally important.
s4ndm4n2006 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Be Still