View Single Post
nonightowl
Desert Kitty hates titles

Member Since Jul 2008
6,810 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Unhappy Feb 20, 2020 at 02:32 PM

I can relate, as I don't have anyone to take me to appointments either. At the moment I don't need anything, but I constantly worry about "what if____?"

I'm stuck in all kinds of Catch 22's, as I'm not "old enough" for many senior services or don't qualify otherwise.

There's a non-profit that offers members things like rides to the doctor, help around the house, friendly visit, etc. but it's expensive. About $500 a year or something, which is roughly $50 a month. That's too much for a lot of people. The people who do these things are volunteers. Wonderful thing they are doing, but it's not for low-income people due to the cost.

It seems you have to pay to even have company in this country.

I also hate how doctors or hospitals expect one to have SOMEBODY to care about you or pick you up after surgery. They just can't accept the FACT that some people don't have any family or friends, even a neighbor. I have a couple of friends, but neither of them can drive.

Here they won't even do a procedure unless you can prove someone will pick you up. They won't let you take a cab. I don't know about Uber---I don't use that.

Hmmm....looks like some good tips in here.

"Okay, enough photos. I'm a very BUSY Business Kitty, so make an appointment next time."
nonightowl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous45521, Nammu, winter4me

Thanks for this!
*Beth*, here today, Travelinglady