View Single Post
Misterpain

Member Since May 2016
Default Feb 20, 2020 at 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily Fox Seaton View Post

I completely agree. It disgusts me. What is next... I should bring my own bandages and surgical tools from home?

I also think that if you DO need to pay a stranger to take you home and be with you, your insurance needs to pay for that too.

I also find it strange that there is no non profit for this. There seems to be a non profit for everything but not this.

Maybe some of us should write our elected officials -- they seem to respond to everyone else.
It's the whole cost shifting hospitals are doing ,you get forced to have someone transport you and monitor you for complications , if the surgery is so safe why I fo I need somebody to make sure I don't die ,we used to nurses in hospitals for that? Bring your own surgical kit ,I love it ,and they call me cynical ! It makes as much sense as down south you can hitbthe drive thru cocktail place for a big gulp sized rum and coke or your favorite alcohol ,and somehow because they put masking tape on the straw gole it's legal and they aren't resposable if you drink and drive ,masking tape wouldn't keep a kindergartners pasta collage hanging on the fridge ,but it will keep you from drinking and driving? I don't think so ,surgery isn't any safer or less expensive but hospitals are sticking us with the costs of care ,instead of getting underpaid by health insurances, they make it our problem .
Misterpain is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
*Beth*, nonightowl, Travelinglady