Grand Magnate

Member Since Mar 2019
4,300 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 21, 2020 at 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvyrself View Post
Great post, Fern, on such a complex topic. It’s so rewarding how flat out brilliant many of us are understanding these nuances. No surprise, many bipolars , schizophrenics (John Nash) too have had some of the most brilliant minds in history.
These discussions fly in the face of people who stigmatize us. Thanks posters for making this such a great day!
I'm just standing on the shoulders of others and applying their concepts.

I was placed in a high maintenance/risk wing when I was in IP. It was mostly people with schizophrenic symptoms. They were all very intelligent, but they spoke in codes and symbols. My brain had just taken a spin through psychosis land and I was able to interpret a lot of the 'nonsense' they were communicating. To me it was more like the 'know sense' of brains that were processing information on another level altogether. The more I think about my own experience and what I learned from them it feels like their brains were processing conscious and subconscious information simultaneously. It also appeared that they were tapping into the collective subconscious. They 'knew' things about each other they shouldn't have and got into a lot of fights over it because they were constantly triggering each other. I can't really prove any of that, but its pretty fascinating to me. Maybe we are just a bit more 'dialed in' than most people would give us credit for.

For example, when I was psychotic at one point I was going on and on about how I was an angel and how I was burning with two kinds of fire. Each of these fire types had a specific color in my mind. After I was stable I was sitting at a table coloring while in IP. A young woman came over to me. She had been babbling all day. She colored something in her notebook. I noticed she had a tattoo on her arm of my favorite band at the moment and I spoke to her. She held up her notebook and told me 'you are an angel and these are your colors'. It was the exact shades of the 'angel fire's I had seen in my mind. It freaked me out and made me cry. She cried and said 'now you get it too.'

I don't think I'm an angel. Just wanted to toss that out I think my brain tapped into the angel archetype when I was sick and projected it somehow. I think then she was somehow able to pick up on that. I witnessed her have similar experiences with several others while I was there it was pretty amazing. She was also highly affected by those who were very depressed like it physically broke her to be near them. She would get paranoid and hostile.

Anyway... This was a total derailment, but what you mentioned sparked my memory of her. She was special.
fern46 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bpcyclist

Thanks for this!
bpcyclist, luvyrself, Sometimes psychotic