View Single Post
bpcyclist
Legendary

Member Since Sep 2019
40.2k hugs
given
Default Feb 22, 2020 at 06:57 AM

I am so sorry you are dealing with this painful and difficult situation, roseboi. Your sister obviously has some very unenlightened views about the LGBTQ world and I am not sure that you or anyone else is going to be able to persuade her otherwise. These beiefs are sometimers deeply held--as you too well know. It makes me sad that we are dealing with this still in 2020.

What is your mom's position on your orientation? Is she supportive?

It is of course all made much more difficult by the presence of the kids in the middle of this. How your sister plans to raise children into this current world by teaching them that being gay is a phase is obviouslyt beyond me.

I am straight, but I have been massively discriminated against because of my mental illness. I have chosen to cut those people entirely out of my life, one of whom is my only sibling. He is a jerk. Have not spoken to him in eight years. I am totally good with that. You can have him.

You need to take care of yourself, first and foremost. Your mental health must be your priority, in my opinion. Whatever you must do to protect your sanity--that is what you must do.

Sending you support and strength!!!!

Hugs from:
Fuzzybear, winter4me

Thanks for this!
winter4me