Member Since Jan 2011
306 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 22, 2020 at 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plynstrom266 View Post
Hey guys,

I am 25 years old with no known physical health problems (I have had depression on and off and I have social anxiety disorder however) and have had an ongoing issue where I constantly feel tired and lethargic (I sometimes can’t even stand to wait for the bus and kneel instead because I feel light headed). I feel better when I take vyvanse (a stimulant) but I don’t have adhd diagnosed (they prescribed without a diagnosis to see if it would help for my attention).

I am wondering what is wrong with me? Why do I feel like collapsing without vyvanse or an antidepressant? Is there a health problem or is this depression which never really goes away? I have never heard of this happening and I’m it’s been happening to me since I was 13
Maybe this will help: "People who take Vyvanse may feel tired or irritable or have other symptoms several hours after taking the drug. This is sometimes called Vyvanse crash or Vyvanse comedown. Read on to learn why Vyvanse crash can happen and what you can do to help prevent it." Vyvanse Crash: What You Need to Know

I would not recommend anyone take a drug without an understanding of why someone thinks you need it, what the side effects are likely to be, what to do if you have adverse effects, what the long term consequences of taking the drug are, and what the risk of addiction is.

I can tell you from my own experience that a constant feeling of stress can make a person feel very tired. I don't think in that case, an amphetamine is the answer. But I am not a doctor, nor a pharmacist. Whoever your primary care physician is should work with your therapist to help you pinpoint the areas that are ruining your quality of life. You are the agent to get that ball rolling.
IceCreamKid is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bpcyclist, happysobercrafter, plynstrom266

Thanks for this!
happysobercrafter