View Single Post
sarahsweets
Threadtastic Postaholic

Member Since Dec 2018
192 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 23, 2020 at 05:09 AM

Hey @Talkb4meds I am sorry you are going through this and I am going to be blunt.
What does your husband say about this? What is his plan? I think it was very unfair of your husband to leave you to handle this child when she is not your child, and his ex is so unstable. I understand that he had to work but the first sign of issues, he should have come home and figured out a plan. I hope you have called the police about every incident. I also advise you to get a restraining order against the child and the mother. The child will hopefully come to her senses but its not happening anytime soon. Is she living with her mother full time? If so you need proof of this and then go provide this to the school. They cant legally come after you two for truancy if you can prove she lives elsewhere. And even if it came down to something legal with the truancy, proving she is in her mothers's care should keep your husband from getting in trouble.

It sounds like she and her mother are not mentally well. It sounds like her mother has manipulated her and she is helpless to resist. After all she is just a teenager and the adolescent brain isnt fully developed until their 20's. So she is responsible for her behavior but she is not necessarily responsible for how the bad behavior started.

President of the no F's given society.
sarahsweets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote