TishaBuv
Legendary

Member Since Dec 2014
1,879 hugs
given
Default Feb 24, 2020 at 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruby2011 View Post
It seems like misfortune begets misfortune. One bad event can give rise to other stuff. Like the incident at Arby's where my supervisor had me canned caused my mental breakdown.
Was it random bad luck you got fired? Did you do something to cause that? The mental breakdown was a result of your emotions from the firing and not just random. It was your natural reaction to the stress.

1. I lived on my own at that time and I immediately ceased to function. I cut classes to get wasted. On my days off my remaining job at Sam's Club, I would sleep all day. I would also call home EVERY DAY when my breakdowns overwhelm me.
Again this was your reaction to the stress and not random bad luck.

2. When my breakdowns physically rendered me unable to speak, I started acting out at Sam's Club. It cost me my job eventually.
Again this is how you handled the stress in an unhealthy way and the predictable results of losing another job. Not random bad luck.

3. My BF who I met at Sam's Club quit his job and went to work for Arby's. That triggered me like hell, so I broke up with him.
His getting a job at Arby’s was random. Did he know it upset you? Could he have worked somewhere else instead for your sake?

So now I can't live on my own and I'm single. I can't trust anyone. I've now been working at McDonald's for 2 years and I'm constantly worried that someone will suddenly turn on me.
I’ve had several unexpected people turn on me too and also expect it now. I try to stick to the few people who haven’t let me down and keep expectations very low.