View Single Post
Have Hope
Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,641 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 24, 2020 at 12:42 PM

Along the same lines I have a gf who got involved with a married man. He claimed his marriage was unhappy and that he wanted to leave. They had a child. He had an affair, fell in love and my friend fell in love with him. He lived on opposite coasts from his wife at the time he had the affair. My friend didn’t want an affair either and had a hard time staying away from him, just as you are having a hard time now. She did confess her feelings which resulted in the affair.

Well in the end he decided he loved his wife and couldn’t leave her and break up the family. They had twelve years of history together. And a child together. My friend was most heartbroken and devastated because she loved him and thought he would leave for her. His wife also found out and was devastated. But they fought through it and remained together. Who knows what the affair did to them but they are still together today.

Which again goes to show that typically people will remain married rather than divorce and break up a family.

And my gf? She felt very used and tossed away as a result. She got the short end of the deal.

~4 Non Blondes

Last edited by Have Hope; Feb 24, 2020 at 12:55 PM..
Have Hope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote