View Single Post
fern46
Grand Magnate

Member Since Mar 2019
4,300 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 24, 2020 at 01:06 PM

Feeling pretty good today although I jacked up my neck somehow while I was sleeping last night. I went ahead and worked out pretty hard anyway. My muscles are in that weak and twitchy post exertion state, but it feels good because I did not make formal exercise a priority for the last three days or so. I zoomed around the house working and played a lot with my kids, but it isn't quite intense enough.

I've gained a few pounds over the last few months. I found myself stepping on the scale too much and becoming disappointed. I decided to put it away for a while and just focus on doing what I know leads to a more optimal state for me. I'll know what's up by looking in the mirror. I don't need the scale.

Afternoon snacking is my challenge area I'm trying to tackle. My children have a rest time in the afternoon and I find that I most often reach for junk food at that time of day. I eat pretty great otherwise. I know I can tackle this habit. I've been paying attention to my patterns for a few weeks and have a few strategies of how to tackle all of the sneaky ways my mind will try to convince itself do stick to the usual plan. I recognize that for me at least there is a difference between how I eat when I am alone and when I am with others. It shouldn't matter whether or not that nobody's watching and I need to get to the root of that. I remember behaving like this as a child. I'm trying to rewind my mind to figure out what secret indulgence means to me and/or what it is trying to cover up. Good times! I figured admitting to it here is a solid first step.
fern46 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous46341, giddykitty, Sunflower123, Wild Coyote

Thanks for this!
Wild Coyote