View Single Post
VanillaGhostie

Member Since Jan 2020
Default Feb 24, 2020 at 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deilla View Post
I've been having a lot of nightmares or night terrors lately. Some of them seem so real that it's hard to shake it off in the mornings. From time to time I will have to do some grounding exercises. I'm not sure what is causing the nightmares. Maybe dehydration. I wake up with a terrible headache and very thirsty. I check my blood sugar and it's usually in the 120's. So I don't think it is elevated sugar levels.

Anyone else dealing with nightmares? What do you do to help? My online T suggested I set a positive intention before going to bed. I keep forgetting to do that. Maybe I will today.
I've been having similar problems with the nightmares and the description of the physical symptoms you're having are similar to my own as well. I wake up with a headache that's always on my left temple, I feel dehydrated, and I'm also sweating. The only things that helps the headache is a migraine pill or else it'll be there all day.

So far I haven't found a cure to stop all the nightmares, but before bed I try to repeat inside my head, "none of it is real, no nightmares tonight." Things like that. And I've found it helpful to make sure the room temperature is comfortable, not too cold or hot. If it's too cold, my nightmares feel worse and I'm shivering uncontrollably. Too hot, and there's that headache and night sweats.

Have you made any progress?
VanillaGhostie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote