View Single Post
sarahsweets
Threadtastic Postaholic

Member Since Dec 2018
192 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 25, 2020 at 03:19 AM

So I am officially in menopause. I am on the younger side as far as being in menopause but the blood work was positive and I just had a uterine biopsy to check things out. (ouch NO fun at all). I started on hormone replacement and follow up in about 6 weeks. My biggest issues are sweating and insomnia. The insomnia has been under control now for a month. I still have horrible night sweats and regular daytime sweating. The worse part is sweating down "below", my feet and my armpits. I can deal with the armpits because I am fortunate that it doesnt smell but the south of the border sweating is out of control. I need to change my underwear and sometimes pants at least twice a day. I have tried panty liners and even paper towels. It gets so uncomfortable because it makes me cold. So I will end up with freezing cold hands and feet. And cold...nether regions. Yesterday I was baby stroller shopping with my MIL and pregnant daughter and I had a zillion other things to do. I had to stop home and change my bottom half and socks before I did the rest of my things for the day. Is there anything anyone can suggest to control this or at least manage it? Maybe the hormone I am on needs to be switched but my gut tells me this is going to be a lingering issue even if the other sweating is under control. I was prescribed drysol to try but I lost the insert and forget how to start using it. (maybe someone can advice me on this as well). What can I do? Are there other pantyliners that would be better that would be like wearing a giant pad? And pads dont really cut it for me. I literally generate mad heat from my lower half. We sat at a booth and had lunch yesterday and the seat was literally hot when I got up. Last summer you could see moisture when I got up from a vinyl booth where I was sitting! I do not know what to do. I get dermatitis on my bum from the moisture sometimes and have a cream for that but I feel like I am constantly treating the symptoms. I know they may change the HRT when I see my GYN but does anyone have any ideas or experiences?

President of the no F's given society.
sarahsweets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
*Beth*, Anonymous48672, Have Hope

Thanks for this!
*Beth*