View Single Post
Anonymous41250

Default Feb 25, 2020 at 04:05 AM

I have had nightmares before and each time I wake up uncomfortable, fearful and feeling alone.. I never remember what has happened or what caused them, I don’t know. But I try not to spend too much time thinking about them. Sometimes I feel real life situations bring me into nightmares so I think you are doing the right thing by searching for answers.

Sometimes I feel like I am living a nightmare but in my dreams I always find an escape or create a hero of myself. Even if that means walking around with a spaghetti strainer on my head with a blanket for a cape and clunky rain boots. Before I sleep at night I try to be sure my mind is in a relaxed state. And I remind myself of all the things in my life to be grateful for.

Growing up I was fearful of horror movies but more so the blood and gore of it rather than the action and potential for death and pain. Horror can be traumatizing but can also be viewed as artistic expression of reality and reality based theories.

Nothing is wrong with you. You are probably having trouble taming your imagination. Maybe cut the horror intake or explore fan-based sites that could give you more insight into what you are experiencing. Have you tried reading horror? I find horror writing to be a little more insightful than some gory films.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
giddykitty

Thanks for this!
giddykitty, mote.of.soul