Grand Magnate

Member Since Mar 2019
4,300 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 25, 2020 at 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdDancer View Post
Oh my, I was dead wrong about the bread. As I wrote, I didn't really know. I'm sorry you suffer from the reflux. I don't have a major problem with it, but I do get gastrointestinal issues from time to time. I remember my GP recommended Zantac. I only just heard about the cancer risks. I had been taking Nexium OTC, but I stopped because it gave me a rash on my face. I have never gotten to the point of needing prescription treatments.
Reflux is such a tricky issue and it affects so many people. There are basic foods to avoid like refined carbs, refined sugars, caffeine, alcohol, tomatoes, and some others but it seems to hit everyone a bit differently.

My husband has horrible reflux and had a close relative pass from reflux induced esophageal cancer. My husband takes Prilosec and it works for him, but I wish he'd be open to natural methods or controlling it better with diet choices. He prefers to rely on a pill. I don't push it since the main goal is to keep the reflux at bay. Eye on the prize!
fern46 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous46341, Sunflower123