View Single Post
WastingAsparagus
Student of Life

Member Since Mar 2014
2,911 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 26, 2020 at 10:37 PM

Yeah, I have experience with venlafaxine er (Effexor XR). I currently take 450mg of it, but I understand the doc's concern about it causing mania. I've never been manic (though I have schizoaffective disorder, so I suppose I could get manic at some point (let's hope not)).

Anyway, Effexor, at the right dose, gave me a huge boost. I know I can attribute some of getting out of my worst depressive episodes to Effexor. Seriously, it's a good med if you can tolerate it well.

What helped me with being successful with Effexor was getting a blood level of it. I learned that I am a fast metabolizer of Effexor, which means I have to take relatively more of it compared to people who metabolize it regularly. Armed with that knowledge, my pdoc and I were able to raise it to a level that was and still is good for me.

Hope that helps. Also sometimes they pair it with Remeron. I currently take both Remeron and Effexor for my depression and that combination lifted me out of one of the worst episodes I've ever had.

Just some ideas.
WastingAsparagus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
SlumberKitty

Thanks for this!
Seqoya