View Single Post
seesaw
Human

Member Since Apr 2014
1,275 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 27, 2020 at 04:34 PM

There is a setting that many of us use that disallows private messages from anyone not on our friend list or contact list. So if you're on my friends list, the benefit is you can PM me. Whereas if you're not, you can't (unless I added you as a contact on my own). I have found this is useful because I've gotten some pretty triggering messages from members who I don't know wanting to talk about various things that I do not want to talk about. I've also been stalked and trolled on this site, unfortunately (admin was very good about helping with that situation when it occurred - hats off to them for fast response), and so having this setting where only people I acknowledge as friends/contacts can PM me limits unwanted messages.

I don't know if there is any other purpose to the function.

ETA: I didn't see DocJohn's response before I posted mine. I see he explained it, but I'll leave this anyhow.

What if I fall? Oh, my dear, but what if you fly?

Primary Dx: C-PTSD and Severe Chronic Treatment Resistant Major Depressive Disorder
Secondary Dx: Generalized Anxiety Disorder with mild Agoraphobia.

Meds I've tried: Prozac, Zoloft, Celexa, Effexor, Remeron, Elavil, Wellbutrin, Risperidone, Abilify, Prazosin, Paxil, Trazadone, Tramadol, Topomax, Xanax, Propranolol, Valium, Visteril, Vraylar, Selinor, Clonopin, Ambien

Treatments I've done: CBT, DBT, Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS), Talk therapy, psychotherapy, exercise, diet, sleeping more, sleeping less...
seesaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous46341, WovenGalaxy

Thanks for this!
WovenGalaxy