Community Liaison

Member Since Jul 2011
12.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 27, 2020 at 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Bird View Post
Thanks Polibeth and Christina! I saw my doctor today and I'm tapering off abilify and paxil and getting back onto Vraylar and Zoloft. I'm feeling very hopeful because these meds were helpful to me in the past. It's going to be a couple weeks of dose changes to get to where I need to be, my doctor recommended going to the hospital so they could do it for me but I didn't want to so I just promised to call if I have any problems come up.

To stay safe I will use coping skills such as praying/meditating, drawing, playing games, reading, and reaching out to people if I need someone to talk to. I used to be such a positive person but lately my thoughts are all negative so I want to work on that.

I went to a nutrition class today here in the community room of my apartment complex. It was fun, the nutritionist cooked some jambalaya using ground turkey. I got some info on budgeting in regards to food, price vs unit price, etc and buying what's in season. Lots of good tips in this packet I got which will be super helpful because I've been really struggling to make my food budget last every month, I usually am running low or out of money/food by the last week of the month. That's my own fault but I hope to use some of these suggestions to get better with budgeting.

Some other things I need to work on are impulse shopping, I see things like books or collectors items and I just have to have them, so I blow all my money on stupid stuff that just ends up cluttering my place.

I’m glad you have Med changes that helped you in the past.

I think that’s wonderful you can learn about saving money , food costs

I’m sure you will be back to feeling very soon.

Hugs from:
Blue_Bird, Sunflower123

Thanks for this!
Blue_Bird