Legendary

Member Since Dec 2014
1,873 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 28, 2020 at 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunedOut View Post
Don't let your son guilt trip you. He has to learn to honor your boundaries and perhaps you are being taught patience and that you are "enough" even when you enforce your own boundaries. The reasons they are mad may be more about them than you. You had your reasons for not going to that wedding. Don't second guess it. Try not to continue to rethink it (I know it might be hard but distract yourself as much as you can. ) If your son doesn't understand in this life, he will in the next. It is likely that you and his wife are teaching him important lessons. Some lessons in this life do not come easily. Hang in there--you can get through this. You are in my prayers.

Yes, he wants us to apologize and say we were wrong for not going to his wedding and being happy about what he was doing. We are not happy about what he was doing. I don’t feel sorry or think we were wrong. And I think he is being mean, controlling, invalidating, and using this to drive a further rift.

Where since right after the wedding we just wanted to move on, he is still mad and wanting us to invalidate ourselves. It’s just cruel and I’m not going to do it. I’d rather mourn my once loving son than degrade myself to a hateful, unrecognizable person.

You quote about things happen for God’s purpose is spot on. There’s obviously something I must do with hat these hurts are teaching me.

Hugs from:
TunedOut

Thanks for this!
TunedOut