winter4me
Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2012
1,818 hugs
given
Default Feb 29, 2020 at 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patagonia View Post
My x refuses to speak to me. He’s very angry & very vindictive. Every step of this divorce he slows down. I’ve been waiting for discovery to start since September; had to file a motion to compel. My last lawyer was not aggressive enough to get him or his lawyer to move.
When we wento mediation I had several pages of notes of things I wanted to discuss that I had researched & wanted addressed. He had nothing. Didn’t know the difference between partial & shared custody that I had to explain to him. He sat across the table with his arms crossed & said no to just about everything. It was extremely difficult & demeaning even down to his tone & yet the mediator said nothing. I gave up a lot.

Now my oldest who’s 15 has refused to come see me since December. She knows that due to her age she can’t be forced. It kills me that I don’t see her or get to be in her life. She in therapy but refused to release any info.
My X has not asked her to reconsider this or to talk about it with her but it has created a huge wedge bec my other children will come according to the schedule. I know I can’t push her.
He refuses to communicate anything to me; like parallel parenting. I’m pretty sure he’d be thrilled if I was dead
I am so sorry you are in this situation. It sounds like you are doing the very best you can to negotiate with a brick wall. If only he were not also doing damage...

winter4me is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
unaluna

Thanks for this!
Patagonia