View Single Post
Kathleen83

Member Since Nov 2011
96 hugs
given
Question Mar 01, 2020 at 12:30 PM

So, last one and one session (after group) - therapist wants to discuss something brought up in group. Ok. She said I was a lot angrier about something than I was admitting. I did gut-check, considered it, didn't feel like I was. Then she pointed out my physical movements were indicative of a stronger emotional response than I was acknowledging. How I was speaking. What I was saying.

So, I did another check, and had to admit I could see what she was saying could be true. Problem was - I neither felt, nor thought, I was angry. We agreed this probably wasn't dissociation...but what the heck is it? One possibility we're considering is, I have gotten so good at burying my emotions (except when I'm not) - that I do it automatically, and subconsciously, before it even gets to my conscious mind.

Well that's going to complicate things. But it might also be a break through moment.

Anyway, she's going to discuss this with HER group, and see what others might have to say on it. Meanwhile, I thought I'd discuss it here, too, for the same reason. Any thoughts, y'all?

Dissociation

Kathleen83 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
ARaven0137, Yaowen