View Single Post
AzulOscuro
Grand Magnate

Member Since Nov 2014
1,758 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 03, 2020 at 09:01 AM

I think you put the nail on the head. My physical appearance had a lot to do with me developing social anxiety. Now that I’m aging I’m noticing how much it had to do. Feeling social awkwardly came later. Not in my childhood. I was a completely normal kid at my childhood years. In spite of being called “giraffe” by my peers. It didn’t like me, of course, but it wasn’t a trauma for me.

I’m gonna try to reply to your questions.
First, you’re right. I don’t take into account any positive comment about my physical appearance and when I believed one, there was always an internal “but” or a derogatory thought about how faulty I was socially.

I do avoid mirrors. There are two people who avoid mirrors the most: Vampires and me. I neither want to be on a video, a pic or a video chat. I try to avoid that as the pest.

About clothes and make-up, I never change a lot my clothes, pretty casual and comfy, btw. And of course, my make-up is always discrete. Anything could spot my physical flaws even more if I wear appealing clothes or make-up. It’s now that I’m daring to wear the clothes I like to wear and suit every woman even when they may call a little more the attention. In this sense I think I progressed.
About my hair yes, I tested my hair in every and each possible style. Straight, wavy, curly, short like a guy, medium-length and long as I have it now. And yes, I dyed my hair even peach color, of course, I changed it the following week.
So, yes, I tried everything and counting. It’s also a torture to go to the hairdresser’s.
I did think about surgery of course, to change my nose and face.
My complexes draw mainly to my hair, nose, mouth, profile, and a fatty butt.
These are the most understanding. I could be talking for hours about it.

My fault also, yes, I compare myself with normal people, beauty people is another story. I compare myself to normal people. I never saw myself normal in any sense. Kind of the “ugly duck syndrome”.

I don’t know if I replied all your doubts. I hope so.

Mankind is complex: Make deserts blossom and lakes die. ( GIL SCOTT-HERSON)
AzulOscuro is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
unaluna

Thanks for this!
Vanaheimr