AzulOscuro
Grand Magnate

Member Since Nov 2014
1,758 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 03, 2020 at 07:02 PM

Thanks for sharing!

I have written a long post about how normal is, even desirable that a son or daughter gets to find themselves in early adulthood. And unluckily, many times, the way for this dreamt independence is confronting the parents and what you can do to help in the relation, But after reading your last posts it has no point.
Again, the situation much harder than I thought.

Can I ask you if you consider your son an easily influenced person?
It got me worried that you didn’t feel that girl as someone in love with your son.
And that’s one more reason why I ask you patience and keep on trying to shorten distance with your son. Don’t give it up but without pressures, only with affection and understanding.
You say he felt controlled by his parents. Even when he maybe completely wrong, you have to consider this aspect because it’s how he felt, even when he might be mislead. This is something to consider.

Tisha, don’t feel guilty. I’m sure you are an excellent mother and surely your husband is an excellent father. And I’m sure you want the best for your son and you miss him, but even the best of relationships are not conflict-free.
Take patience and you will see your kid is gonna “ come back home”

Mankind is complex: Make deserts blossom and lakes die. ( GIL SCOTT-HERSON)
AzulOscuro is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
TishaBuv