View Single Post
Anonymous49071

Default Mar 04, 2020 at 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singer47 View Post
All in all I feel that I have made a good caring plan for myself for tomorrow ( because that is what it is about for me; to make the best out of it; a life that is valuable and joyful in spite of everything ).

I woke up between 04:00 and 05:00 in the morning. I had a long period without sleep and in the end I overslept. I was so sleepy at the breakfast table, that it was impossible to concentrate. As if that wasn't enough I took a double portion of medication (didn't remember that I already had taken them). Praise God, I didn't swallow my sleeping pills as well. But to have taken a double dose of my diabetes medication can make my blood glucose too low. So that's it ...

I have been sitting here thinking depressive thoughts ("I'm no good", you know).

At one point I come to the conclusion that repeating about global thinking vs detailed thinking, locus of control vs the illusion of control (in Dr Yapco's book) would be a wise "thing" to do. That made me think that the day isn't spoiled. I have to rethink how I will use it with little energy and with the danger of getting too low in the level of my blood glucose.

I cut out the plan of going to get my hair cut. I will wash instead of shower today. Then I will put the dishwasher to work as planned and walk to the nearest grocery (it is very close) and bringing dextose along so I'm not in danger in the grocery shop.

When home again I will decide if I want to do something in the house or if I want to relax today. This doesn't seem like the way I expected it to be, but hopefully it will become a day where I feel that I have the control to decide what to do with this day. (It was not on purpose that this day have to different then decided yesterday).

It is almost funny; Dr. Yapco is an atheist, but his methods, CBT, is in line with the Bible. He is really good at explaining CBT in a way I have never seen elsewhere. CBT is the one psychological method that can be said to be closest to the Christian and Biblical view of us human beings, according to Stanton L. Jones and Richard E. Butman in "Modern Psycho-Therapies" (perhaps along with psychdynamic short time therapy they tell).

It is about choices. The Bible refers to a lot of choices that can either bring us luck or misery. (Examples: Stay in bed and you will feel more tired. Do good and you will feel good ... ).

To me Yapco's "Breaking the patterns of depression" is second after the Bible.

Am sending good thoughts your way!
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MimiBhaduri0, Sunflower123

Thanks for this!
MimiBhaduri0, Sunflower123