Community Liaison

Member Since Jul 2011
12.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 04, 2020 at 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusAurelius View Post
I go back to work today. I shouldn’t complain since I’ve had so many days off (3 days). I went to HR and got papers filled out to maybe get accommodations for my anxiety. It’s a risky move because I feel I already have a stigma, but I just don’t think I can handle this job. I’m trying with all my might to do it, but it’s hard. I’m nervous now just thinking about it. The Klonopin doesn’t seem to help. I don’t notice any difference in my anxiety level when I take it, so that was a bust. It was my lifeline, my last resort. I was hoping to have a meeting with HR before I went back to work (I was off my scheduled days) but I haven’t heard from back from her. It is what it is I guess.
When you just inherently don’t feel right, what do you do? These last few days I can’t sit, sleep, eat, or do anything and feel comfortable. I find myself pacing just wishing one activity would feel “relaxing”. I am not doing well with it. My therapist I think is running out of things to help me. His last message to me was basically “keep on truckin’!’ – Ok, so I simplified a little too much. Essentially it was as long as I’m putting one foot in front of the other I’m moving forward, and that’s a plus.

I’m afraid of the repercussions at home for quitting, but I don’t know how much longer I can torture myself with this work. I just want to cry thinking about it. Not contributing to my own needs is a burden on everyone else. I just want to curl up in a ball and stay in a dark place away from everyone.
All of you are very kind to read these messages and give support. I appreciate that. Sometimes it’s just nice to know you’re being heard by someone.

I hope things will settle down. You will get accommodations needed.

Hugs from:
Sunflower123, Wild Coyote

Thanks for this!
Wild Coyote