View Single Post
Anonymous45521

Default Mar 05, 2020 at 07:21 PM

So the oncologist wrote me today to tell me that all my labs came back as normal except the one protein spike. She said "this was reassuring." She wants me to get the labs done again in 6 months. Interestingly she didn't say I had MGUS, but this time said I needed to be retested due to the abnormal results consistent with MGUS. So it is almost like she is backing off diagnosing me with anything.

I am not sure at all what this means. I would ask her but she is so dismissive about it I doubt she would have an answer. I get it that this is probably the least she has seen all day but for me I want to know.

I am also confused if I should go see the cancer doctor at the big cancer hospital. Would that be wasting their time and (possibly my money because insurance is already charging me for stuff). I got a statement today where my insurance was charged $2500 for ONE blood test and I will have to pay $200 for it.

I also got some bad news on the scoliosis because they did X-rays on my back. It is categorized as "severe" so that must mean that it progressed. But for the moment I feel like that is the thing I need to put off to the side. I am also not sure that they really did a measurement and characterized it as severe by eye balling it. So I am not going to worry about that right now.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Open Eyes, unaluna

Thanks for this!
*Beth*