seesaw
Human

Member Since Apr 2014
1,263 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 07, 2020 at 12:10 AM

Hahaha, the universe is so funny!

I reached out to a colleague on Facebook because I may need to pass off a client to her because they've kind of gotten to a stage where they need some help I can't provide, and I remembered that she provides that kind of service. So I reached out to her, and in the course of chatting, she mentioned that she might need some consulting back up from me on another client, which would be good work and great to have, so we might be referring both ways. So...again...still spending next to nothing marketing myself, and getting work, LOL. The universe is being nice to me lately. Maybe I paid enough dues with all the abuse I suffered.

Of course, I need to acknowledge that I'm doing the grunt work. I put myself out there, I network and connect with people. I make friends. If I hadn't spent time building my craft and being good at it, and networking and putting myself out there, none of this would happen. Who was it that said 90% of success is just showing up? I think that's so true.

People want to know how I succeed, and honestly, besides needing to be good at what you do, well there are 100s of people good at what you do. You gotta put yourself out there. And keep doing it. Shrug off the bad connections or misconnects, and keep putting yourself out there. Because one good connection leads to referrals, etc. In my field, for every 10 proposals, only 3 get funded. So if I go by those stats, for every 10 people I meet, 3 might turn into clients. But none will be clients if I don't put myself out there. And as great as online marketing is, most of mine come from in person meetings.

So...I dunno what that was...ranting advice, I guess. But also just celebrating that I've worked hard and it's paying off.

What if I fall? Oh, my dear, but what if you fly?

Primary Dx: C-PTSD and Severe Chronic Treatment Resistant Major Depressive Disorder
Secondary Dx: Generalized Anxiety Disorder with mild Agoraphobia.

Meds I've tried: Prozac, Zoloft, Celexa, Effexor, Remeron, Elavil, Wellbutrin, Risperidone, Abilify, Prazosin, Paxil, Trazadone, Tramadol, Topomax, Xanax, Propranolol, Valium, Visteril, Vraylar, Selinor, Clonopin, Ambien

Treatments I've done: CBT, DBT, Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS), Talk therapy, psychotherapy, exercise, diet, sleeping more, sleeping less...
seesaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
ARaven0137, Open Eyes, unaluna

Thanks for this!
Discombobulated