Grand Magnate

Member Since Nov 2015
1,043 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 07, 2020 at 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily Fox Seaton View Post

I am exactly the same. And actually have always been. I remember when I was younger I would eat one or two hershey kisses at work and it could completely stop me from losing for the entire week. People do not understand this and are constantly shoving food at me and expecting me to eat it in front of them.

I am absolutely lost at the moment on what I should eat or do.

It really feels like my body is screaming at me that it doesn't want to lose weight and will take measures to stop me from doing so or punish me for trying.

- when I eat less than 1200 cals my body's immune system drops.
- I tried fasting but that caused me horrific back pain and bad immunity.
- I heard such stories of fasting working better but, nope, even fasting I had to eat 1000 calories and do a 36 hour fast once per week to lose weight. And it sure didn't come off fast.
- I know from prior diets if I white knuckle it for 1 year and lose 50 lbs I will only gain it back because my metabolism will reduce.
- I would give exercise a try but I suspect due to my slow metabolism, I need to do a LOT of exercise to get results and I just don't have the time. 2 hours or so.

I continue to think about what to do. I have to lose this weight. It is becoming life or death.

I relate to this 100%!!! I tried fasting and now I feel for me it is TERRIBLE.

I am still doing under 1,000 calories daily but today I felt tired. I worried this isn't good for my immune system. HOWEVER, I am not sure if that is a fact. Because being obese it REALLY bad for the immune system. Being overfat creates inflammation in the body.

This is nothing like dieting when I was young. I am certain I must have cheated when I was younger just like you said. When younger I was social, and always worked at non-profits where they always were having parties with delicious food. I also drank alcohol.

I KNOW that a diet under 1,000 calories seems bad but honestly...I tried for a few years to lose weight and NOTHING HAPPENED. I think I was probably eating around 1200 to 1500 calories.

I do take medication for hypothyroidism. Maybe as I get older being hypo makes it very difficult to lose weight.

Exercise is good for everyone. But I believe what I read that losing weight is 80% dieting.

I am finding it difficult. Ridiculously difficult to lose this weight.

I have a target weight I want to reach this year. I hope to never gain it back.

Personally I think everyone who loses a lot of weight is keeping to very low calories and maybe doesn't want to talk about it because it seems "wrong." My scale showed another pound lost this morning but I felt like cursing at the scale. It is is like some extremely evil taskmaster!

Last edited by DechanDawa; Mar 07, 2020 at 04:48 PM..
DechanDawa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous45521