View Single Post
will19
Grand Magnate

Member Since Oct 2012
1,155 hugs
given
Default Mar 07, 2020 at 05:32 PM

I feel like I'm in that position myself. I may be, what is considered to be, chronically lonely. It seems like at least 90% of my life has been lonely. There were times when I didn't have a single friend. I had family, but they were not much support.

As of now I only have one friend and my sister to be in contact with. Yes, that's probably better than nothing, but the two of them are not of good quality. My friend is very old and has limits. Plus he can be very critical and makes me feel bad after talking to him. My sister lives far away and is very busy. If I lived close to her and with her family, I wouldn't feel any better.

I guess that the benefits I have at social isolation are a few things:
  • I have my exercise regimen that goes undistracted. It makes it easier for me to be healthy.
  • I save money. It would be costing a lot to be going out for things and eating out. Plus it seems healthier to prepare my own meals than at restaurants.
  • I'm able to keep my place need and clean. It would be difficult for me to be able to do it if I had so much going on.
  • I don't feel rushed to have to make it for something on time.
  • I may be avoiding tragedies from others and drama. Though I'm missing out on good times with others also.
  • Probably other things I can't think of now.
Being in social isolation sucks at times. I feel it a lot on the weekends; especially by late afternoon Saturday and all day Sunday. I don't feel it as much on the weekdays because of working. The people I work with are mostly nice and that helps. But they are not my friends and I never hang out with them.

Last edited by will19; Mar 07, 2020 at 05:46 PM..
will19 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
downandlonely, princesscookie19