Moose72
Silver Swan

Moose72 has no updates.

15 yr Member
2,512 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 07, 2020 at 06:33 PM

Adding this because the program says my message is too short. (Dumb thing.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethRags View Post

For 4 to 8 weeks I've been taking Latuda, between 60 and 100mg. To counteract the pretty much full-body tremor I've had to take Cogentin and Propanalol. Neither does jack. In fact, I don't think the Latuda is doing anything helpful, either...definitely not worth the major tremoring.

I've not tried Cogentin, but I agree with you that Propanalol does nothing. What do you mean by full body tremoring? I had something that could be described like that. All of me was shaking really bad and I couldn't stop it. It was worse when I laid down, but it got late and I HAD to try and rest which I finally did, but it wasn't easy! It wasn't from Latuda, though; I forget which drug did that, actually. (i've gone through so many!)

After thinking it all over I've decided to stop the Latuda. I didn't take it last night or this morning. I don't feel one bit different than I felt on it. Feels like I've been swallowing placebos.

Still some tremor in my hands and jaw. I do not feel like I have to jiggle my leg, though.

I felt that way. My hands would tremor for weeks after that initial episode! Of course, pdoc tried propanolol which didn't help. The only thing that really helped was time.

Lost 13lbs. during February.

CONGRATS! I wish I could say the same. Little by little...

Ativan .5 mg 2x/day
Propranolol 20 mg 2x/day

Mania (December 2023)
Mixed episode/Hypomania (September 2023)
Depression, Anxiety and Intrusive thoughts (September 2021)
Depression & Psychosis (July/August 2021)
Mania (April/May 2019)
Moose72 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
*Beth*

Thanks for this!
*Beth*