Community Liaison

Member Since Jul 2011
12.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 07, 2020 at 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethRags View Post
I've decided to post a thread to keep track of meds, etc. I was posting a thread like this for a couple of months, then stopped. However, I find that I'm referring back to that thread for important information.

I know there are some people who are not in favor of these types of threads. It really is too bad that we don't have a specific board for personal threads. I suppose phones have apps or whatever that can do this sort of thing, but I don't use my phone much (I am not talented with technology). Until PC has a board for personal threads the easiest place for me to post is here, on the bipolar board.
------------------------------------------------------------

For 4 to 8 weeks I've been taking Latuda, between 60 and 100mg. To counteract the pretty much full-body tremor I've had to take Cogentin and Propanalol. Neither does jack. In fact, I don't think the Latuda is doing anything helpful, either...definitely not worth the major tremoring.

After thinking it all over I've decided to stop the Latuda. I didn't take it last night or this morning. I don't feel one bit different than I felt on it. Feels like I've been swallowing placebos.

Still some tremor in my hands and jaw. I do not feel like I have to jiggle my leg, though.

Surgery for achilles tendon 1 month from today. Started a fairly in-depth cleaning of apartment yesterday so it'll be nice and clean by April.

Therapist cancelled Thursday's appt. She cancels about 1 out of 10 sessions. She tells me that she sees progress, even though I don't feel it yet.

Lost 13lbs. during February.
I want to just give you a bit of info on how I weaned my self off Latuda .. I didnt have the tremor like you do .. but I tried to decease too quickly and I felt a big surge in an on going pretty high anxiety which I knew could certainly be a problem. .. so I slowed my taper.. and I did fine.. but you have to factor in half life and brain back to working sans that med.. I finally felt truly med free from it at about 7-8 weeks..

So its likely you wont have a problem for 5-7 days but eventually it will hit you...

So instead of just dropping it and deal with possible withdrawl right before a major surgery that is going to keep you limited in ability to get around which I can imagine is going to be very long stressful process..

Why not just tell your Pdoc that you truly have given this med a good try but the side effects are not tolerable so .... "we need a new plan" and work together..

Honestly most Pdocs if you approach them with the truth about a med thats not working they will work to try to find something better,,

Good luck in whatever you decide to do

Hugs from:
*Beth*

Thanks for this!
*Beth*