Yaowen
Grand Magnate

Member Since Jan 2020
6,482 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 07, 2020 at 11:32 PM

Hi Miss Laura,

Please excuse me if I have misunderstood your question but my command of English is not very good sometimes.

I think any good therapist is aware of how mysterious the human brain is and the many common and uncommon ways it motivates people.

I would think that if the human brain can motivate people in millions of different ways towards millions of different things, that this would apply to fetishes too.

So I would think a good therapist would be understanding and compassionate more than perhaps other people.

A famous neurologist once remarked that the human brain seems to have a mind of its own.

I find that opening up to a therapist is quite difficult regardless of the issue so I can certainly feel for what you might be experiencing. I have agonized in my own life about sharing embarrassing information with a therapist.

To me the human brain is quite enigmatic. Why does it give me these thoughts and not others and at this time rather than another time? Why does it cause this stream of thoughts and feelings but not others? Why does it have certain desires rather than others and so on.

None of us were allowed to choose the brain we would have in life. And none of us were allowed to choose all the stuff that brain acquired in life.

Many great people in history have had very strange ideas and desires, fears and hopes and so on. It did not affect their self-worth and may in some cases have actually helped them in what they accomplished in life.

I know my poor words must be very pathetic and inadequate to what you are enduring. So very sorry.

Hopefully others here will prove to be more helpful to you than I have.

I wish you only good things and especially peace! -- Yaowen
Yaowen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Miss Laura