catches the flowers

Member Since Jul 2019
23.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 08, 2020 at 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Christina View Post
I want to just give you a bit of info on how I weaned my self off Latuda .. I didnt have the tremor like you do .. but I tried to decease too quickly and I felt a big surge in an on going pretty high anxiety which I knew could certainly be a problem. .. so I slowed my taper.. and I did fine.. but you have to factor in half life and brain back to working sans that med.. I finally felt truly med free from it at about 7-8 weeks..

So its likely you wont have a problem for 5-7 days but eventually it will hit you...

So instead of just dropping it and deal with possible withdrawl right before a major surgery that is going to keep you limited in ability to get around which I can imagine is going to be very long stressful process..

Normally, I would never just stop a med. But I've been on Latuda for only 7 weeks. So far no withdrawal...but I will keep in mind your experience.

Why not just tell your Pdoc that you truly have given this med a good try but the side effects are not tolerable so .... "we need a new plan" and work together..

Honestly most Pdocs if you approach them with the truth about a med thats not working they will work to try to find something better,,

Funny thing is, my pdoc didn't like the idea of Latuda. I kept pushing for it. Maybe she has had poor outcomes with it.

Good luck in whatever you decide to do
Thank you!

*Beth* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote