View Single Post
FluffyPuppy

Member Since Nov 2019
41 hugs
given
Default Mar 09, 2020 at 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_2000 View Post
I am 52 years of age and for the past 15 years plus have been experiencing intense feelings of guilt for past actions. The guilt is so overpowering now that I am desperate. When I was somewhat younger I mixed with a similar mind-set type people and messed around with several married women, even though I was also married at the time. I realize how stupid I was/ am but thankfully managed to see the light. I am aware that I caused so much heartache and suffering in the world and am so regretful but also realize that there is nothing I can do. I can only ask anyone else that might even contemplate such actions to not do it. I am at the point now where I am so lost, so hate myself, and a am actually considering removing this "filth" (me in this case) from this world.
That's such a tough spot to be in, I get where you're coming from and i can relate to the messing with married women and a lot more things in my past that i feel ashamed of.

I hope that you still don't feel like removing your self from the world. The good thing about making mistakes in life is that we hopefully learn from them and can apply ourselves to a far greater good later in our lives.

The very things that fall on us and tear us apart bring an awareness that we can give to others to save their lives.

It's a blessing that you feel remorse, a lot of people do things, never change, never care, re offend continuing to hurt others and themselves. You don't have to be that person and the fact that you are hurt and angry with yourself gives you insight on how you may have affected someone else.

Keep your head up man.
FluffyPuppy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote