Member Since Nov 2014
1,758 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 11, 2020 at 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poshgirl View Post
Thanks for all your continued comments.

Did start to document all the events, but it's lapsed when things appeared to improve. This behaviour has been constant for many years if I stop and think back. Going to college may have been the trigger when I changed from shy and malleable to having an opinion. Perhaps a therapist would help. Have challenged her or decided to keep quiet, but it's like poking a stick into an animal's cage; both stances annoy her.

Yes, have become unofficial nursemaid, who's expected to do personal tasks. Thankfully she's not incontinent but it's showering and washing that I'm afraid I just can't do. Even if I could, doubt whether she would have confidence to as shower is over bath. Think it's due to fact that for as long as I can remember she's been obsessed with medical matters, wanting to show me C-section and hysterectomy scars.

Earlier I remembered a former colleague who had aged parents. She often referred to "the kids". At first I thought it was her nieces and nephews, until one day I realised just who she was talking about. Sorry, but I did find it amusing, not realising then that I'd be experiencing the behaviour first-hand.

Thanks again, you've all given me food for thought...
Maybe you need to talk with her about how you feel. At least, you will hear her version.
My other grandmother told me directly that my brother was the apple of her eye when I was taking care of her in the hospital. And this wasn’t anything new for me. That happens.
Maybe for my brother’s character. He’s more easy-going, the only boy...that also counts a lot in the past. I’m more stubborn and not easy-going at all.

Mankind is complex: Make deserts blossom and lakes die. ( GIL SCOTT-HERSON)
AzulOscuro is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote