Magnate

Member Since Apr 2016
199 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 12, 2020 at 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Open Eyes View Post
I am making an effort to address this challenge and at the same time bring awareness in how COMPLEX it can be. It's actually a big part of my complex ptsd due to facing this in family, friends and husband and there is a lot of triggers I experience with it and I honestly am trying to address it in a way that doesn't hurt or offend anyone reading it. It's definitely NOT an easy topic to discuss. I never developed a problem with alcohol but it did challenge me in my life.
Oh I agree. I’m glad you brought it up. I honestly probably would have myself, I just didn’t know how to like you said. I never abused alcohol, but I did try it for a few months five years ago and honestly I can see how you can get hooked on it. I had to stop before it became too hard. Now I have gone back to not drinking alcohol at all. Not worth it.

I also once accidentally drank too much at once out of peer pressure which caused a bad experience. Didn’t have to go to the hospital but I became very panicky. That was a big part as to why I stopped drinking alcohol even a little bit. As weird as it sounds, I’m glad I experienced it. As scary as it was, it made me realize how quickly you can spiral so I got out of it before I got hurt and didn’t need therapy. Didn’t want to ruin my life. Never want an accident like that to happen again.
rdgrad15 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Open Eyes