poshgirl
Veteran Member

Member Since Sep 2018
229 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 12, 2020 at 02:58 PM

Again, thanks for your valued opinions.

Can fully understand mother's frustration that ageing has not been kind to her. She once joked about being horrible as a child, pulling wings off insects. During our childhood, the fix to us being cheeky was a sharp slap on the legs. She even hit my brother with a wooden rolling pin.

Everyone is against her. Some people (not relatives) are willing to help for so long, then have to carry on with their own lives. She says this is them being selfish and takes offence. Recently told me that my aunt (her sister) had dumped her in favour of going out with SIL's mother (they go to a weekly craft club and other events). My brother has stopped cooking for her, don't know why. My efforts have been met with mixed comments. All done in slow cooker (crockpot); steak was tough, carrots soft. When I left pieces larger she said they weren't cooked enough

Will stop there! Your contributions greatly appreciated. I've taken them all on board. Unfortunately, cannot discuss with her doctor without her being there.
poshgirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote