Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,641 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 13, 2020 at 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TishaBuv View Post
Some ‘friends’ lash out and become more like enemies when they feel the slightest bit criticized (for something really offensive they did do). I feel like I, and others I’ve known, have been able to take responsibility for something wrong we do. I think that’s the difference between people you want to be around and people you don’t.
Very well stated. And yes, agreed.

This "friend" lashed out at me passive aggressively, and quite obviously it was directed at me.

When I confronted them previously with their behavior and how it had upset me, they didn't own up it, they didn't apologize for it, and instead told me everything I had personally done wrong in their eyes.

It was a litany of "wrongs" they listed out to me that I had somehow committed, and honestly, I felt beaten up by it, as though I am some sort of bad person, or a failure of a person. I believe they were TRYING to tear me down and make me feel badly about myself.

They made sure to detail every little thing they had noted along the way and over the months so they could throw it all back in my face as soon as I confronted them for upsetting me. And these so-called "wrongs" I had committed had nothing to do with them personally. They were all about me and how I operate that was "wrong" in their eyes.

I've seen how this person cannot take any responsibility, and I had noticed this over and over again EACH time I confronted them with my upset over their behavior. Not once did I ever receive an apology for my upset and hurt.

When someone feels toxic, they are. And I started to feel this way months ago when I saw they couldn't apologize, yet I continued the friendship for some reason.

Yes, it is the difference between wanting to be around someone and not wanting to.

I finally clued in, and I finally decided to cut ties.

~4 Non Blondes

Last edited by Have Hope; Mar 13, 2020 at 07:17 AM..

Hugs from:
TishaBuv

Thanks for this!
Atypical_Disaster