Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,628 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 13, 2020 at 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TishaBuv View Post
She was keeping a mental note of all your ‘offenses’ to throw in your face when provoked. The lesson learned is to stay away from people who do this. True friends and loving people don’t do this.

A good question to ask yourself is why you gravitated to that friendship and continued to maintain it.

After reading every psych article on here, I steer clear of anything like that and anything that has to do with control. Just walk away. I’m not sorry I have since done that. I suffered great wrath for doing it, too. But not sorry in the long run.
You're soooooo right! True friends and loving people do NOT do that... not in the least. It's not something I personally would ever do either to someone.

And you ask a very good question. I don't know why I allowed this so-called friendship to go on as long as it did. I guess I felt I needed it for a while, and for a while, it was benefitting me, until I noticed the behaviors and patterns along with the persistent narcissism.

I am also an empath and the narcissist and an empath frequently find themselves in a relationship. I should read more about this dynamic.... I am now curious.

It probably also has to do with the fact that my father is a narcissist, and I am used to this role.

And yes, I am not sorry either for taking care of myself.

~4 Non Blondes

Thanks for this!
Atypical_Disaster