Grand Magnate

Member Since Nov 2014
1,758 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 16, 2020 at 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakForTheLight View Post
I should be on my way to work in 10 minutes but no. I'm not going. This is really really tough as we're still expected to turn up and I have a very strong fear of negative judgement and obviously I don't want to lose my job.... but it's a long commute, 20 minutes on public transport which is PACKED during rush hour. until there's actual official advice to work from home companies will still expect people to turn up.

I don't get it, all gatherings from with 50 or more people are forbidden. For events with less than 50 people, lists of all those present have to be kept with contact information for everyone. But 50 people in a train carriage, so close they're touching, standing face to face - that's fine?? And then spending 8 hours in open plan offices, with desks right next to each other - no problem???

I feel like 90% of Europe is being told to stay home as much as possible- including not going to work unless absolutely necessary - my country has just shut down all fun but we should risk our lives and those of other people to go to work still?
I understand you. Here the same even when we are one of the epidemic focus in Europe. In the trains still working there’s being also gatherings of many people and many companies didn’t establish the safety conditions to work.

Are you finally attending to work or at least, your coworkers are also the same side?

Mankind is complex: Make deserts blossom and lakes die. ( GIL SCOTT-HERSON)