Grand Magnate

Member Since Nov 2014
1,758 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 16, 2020 at 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakForTheLight View Post
I'm grateful to my sore throat now - it's gotten to the point where it hurts to talk. I don't feel ill but as I work in customer service where I have to spend a lot of time talking on the phone, I've called in sick. Hopefully by Thursday when I have to go back to the office they'll have finally put the country in lockdown.

As long as I can still go grocery shopping - with extra safety measures if needed, like a limited number of people allowed inside - I'm good. I'm a hermit anyway Don't have any friends to visit.

I'm confused about the situation in your country. Do people still have to go to work in non-essential professions? So you're not allowed outside unless it's for essential shopping OR going to work? No going for a run at 5 AM when the streets are empty?
Over here people are being told it's fine to go outside and into nature. And then there's reports from people in Italy saying that's a bad idea.
Here it’s happening the situation very similar to Italy. And as good cousins, we have also taken measures very late but luckily our government took hard steps yesterday.

Only essential workers are being made with presence of workers. Transports, essential products locals can be open. Of course, everyone who can be at home, they have to be, only are allowed to go out for a quick shopping, to give assistant to people who need it, walk the doggie and go to work.
All works that can be made online, companies are using this mean.

Of course, keep a certain distance and protection when you are forced to go outside. That’s why I was shocked this morning when I told you that in Madrid, some trains went full of people.
The transport minister has just said that as the first day, it was a test. lol! So, I get there will be changes tomorrow.

Take it easy so. Maybe the country you are in will take more decisions this week. And you will be able to recover from your sore throat and also escape the virus.

Break, I’m also a hermit and I’m way a homebody but it’s different when you are forced to be a recluse for so long. We didn’t have balcony either but windows.
My partner has to work in another city so I see myself soon like Tom Hanks having conversations with a ball, as in the movie.

Mankind is complex: Make deserts blossom and lakes die. ( GIL SCOTT-HERSON)

Hugs from:
ken9018