View Single Post
poshgirl
Veteran Member

Member Since Sep 2018
229 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Unhappy Mar 19, 2020 at 06:15 AM

Don't know whether I should continue this thread or just let the subject go. This morning, she called me to cancel shopping trip for food and other essentials. Don't blame her as it's cold and wet here. Yesterday when I did my own shopping, also picked up some items for her and delivered, as I was close to her house.

In conversation with brother and SIL last night, both advised her not to go out because of Covid-19. It's mother's day in the UK on Sunday; brother has not yet decided whether he's going to visit our mother or not. Now, he's also finally offered to try and get any items not available locally.

What transpired during phone call was her usual comment about not mentioning anything about my SIL because "I've noticed your reaction, total lack of interest". The reason why is documented on this site. Comment totally uncalled for as despite SIL having the unacceptable attitude she has, I do care about her health. Probably more because she's the mother of my lovely niece. Forced out of mother that SIL needs surgery beginning April.

The point of my post is I've been sitting here for the past hour, alternating between tears and anger at the way I'm being treated for SIL's unacceptable behaviour. My reaction totally because mother is unwilling to accept the truth because it involves her favourite child. It's pointless telling her all the unacceptable things he's said in the past, as she's already said she doesn't believe me. Part of my frustration is when I challenge about unacceptable behaviour, she turns on the tears or keeps telling me I'm not always right. She can dish it out, but can't take criticism. Just the same attitude her mother had, which she loathed.

Sorry for the rant.....
poshgirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote