View Single Post
Christmas cookie

Member Since Nov 2019
58 hugs
given
Default Mar 19, 2020 at 08:00 AM

Yes I can relate to pretty much everything you wrote. I was abused growing up and felt very unloved. Scapegoat of the family. When anyone criticizes or makes fun of me I feel hurt or angry. You mentioned walking by a group of people laughing and think they are laughing at you. I have felt this too. I've had so many people in my life treat me like crap and assume everyone else will criticize, mock or make fun of me. Not a good feeling. It took a traumatic event in my life to make changes. I woke up one day and realized I'm putting up with crap and why should I care if someone makes fun of me. I look at it now as it's their problem not mine. People who laugh, mock or make insensitive comments are usually insecure and bully to make themselves feel better. I tell myself be very grateful I'm the opposite. Do I still feel hurt? Yes but not as much. Right now I'm going through a tough time and those feelings of vulnerability are center stage.

Despite the crap I dealt with I turned into a empathetic person. That trait is one of the most important to have in your life
Christmas cookie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Bill3, Open Eyes

Thanks for this!
Bill3, Open Eyes, zapatoes