View Single Post
sarahsweets
Threadtastic Postaholic

Member Since Dec 2018
192 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 20, 2020 at 04:45 AM

I get how you feel. I dont know if I have good advice but one thing I can say is stay up to date with technology. Whether you like it or not technology is constantly changing. Staying as knowledgable as you can IMO is a good way to at least stay afloat. I dont mean you have to have a twitter or know computer code but the current basics. I can see the difference with my mom and inlaws. My mom bought an iphone (around the iphone 5) and had no idea how to use it. She enrolled in those applestore classes and is a wiz now. My inlaws both got iphones. My son showed them the basics but they really are not to good with it and have no desire to be better. They are all the same age. I do not want to find myself in a position where I am immersed in a society where technology is king and I am unaware, taken advantage of or left behind simply because I do not like it. And its not just older people that have these issues. Plenty of young people want to buck the trend because they think technology is evil or they feel they want a more authentic life without the perils of technology. I admire and respect that but the world around me does not.

President of the no F's given society.
sarahsweets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote