Inner Space Traveler

Member Since May 2014
8,141 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 20, 2020 at 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerTime12 View Post
I can see the difference. The way he said it suggested he meant he was attracted to me, because he said to him the difference between finding someone beautiful vs attractive is that he’s not always attracted to the person he finds beautiful.

When I asked if he thought I was attractive, he said “I think you’re very attractive.” And then when I asked if he thought I was sexually attractive, he said “I think you’re attractive and I think you’re physically attractive, so yes I think you’re sexually attractive.”

Today, I talked to him about my concerns about boundaries possibly getting blurred. He expressed that the line that won’t get crossed is having sexual contact. I kept saying that I felt like there should be a line before that, but he basically said that as long as whatever he shares is to help me, it’s ok, and nothing is off limits for me to share. I was like, “maybe we’re defining sexual contact differently, because in my mind there’s a lot of things people can do without having sexual contact.” I don’t know if he fully understood what I meant, so I’m still a little confused and will def need to talk about it more at my next session.
*You* can create the line ..the boundary..
it’s his responsibility but you can protect yourself. If he starts revealing explicit details to you ...it’s perfectly fine for you to tell him that’s uncomfortable or out of line...or even fire him. He doesn’t just get to say, suggest or do ‘whatever’ and cover it by saying it’s to ‘help’ you.

He is correct that there is nothing off limits for you to share...but it’s not the other way around.
precaryous is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
koru_kiwi, Quietmind 2, SummerTime12, susannahsays