View Single Post
koru_kiwi
Veteran Member

Member Since Oct 2011
1,231 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 20, 2020 at 02:54 PM

this is a confusing situation to find yourself in. i too have been in a similar situation with a T who admitted that he had an attraction and even a 'sexual' response towards me. he was very open and honest about sharing his feelings and wanted me to reciprocate in our sessions. he justified it by saying that therapy is a special and intimate relationship, but failed to understand just how damaging it could be because of the limitations of that 'special' relationship and his own unresolved issues. it never became physical, more of a mental mind F*%# that took the focus of therapy towards the 'relationship' and eventually started becoming more about his needs getting met.

i'm sorry you have found yourself in this situation. because of the unhealthy attachment (trauma bond) to my ex-T, it has taken me many years to work through this, untangling the damage and coming to terms with what happened. some of those years i was still doing therapy with him and secretly working towards de-attaching myself so i could leave with the least amount of damage to myself. do tread lightly and most of all, don't be afraid to listen to and trust your gut.
koru_kiwi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
LonesomeTonight, SlumberKitty

Thanks for this!
LonesomeTonight, precaryous, Quietmind 2, SummerTime12