ARaven0137
Veteran Member

Member Since Feb 2020
359 hugs
given
Default Mar 21, 2020 at 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by medievalbushman View Post
Just breath, remember this will pass, you just need to hang on and don't give in! Keep doing whatever you can to cut him out without responding directly to him (or his family, from the sounds of it), because he ain't listening and you know you'll just be feeding him. Sever the ties like cutting tatami. Breath and focus. Keep venting in here if it helps you de-stress and re-center yourself, we're happy to provide ears to listen and support where we can.
Thank you! The venting here does help me to recenter.

His family is utterly dysfunctional too, which I know contributes to BPD. His parents and brothers are all alcoholics and there is both neglect and enmeshment as well as frequent physical fights. I admit that this was a big reason I felt bad for him and gave him so much time.

One of the things that I'm seeing that I think is part of BPD is this seemingly split personality. Not like different identities, but a jumble of extreme contradictions in personality and behavior. Beyond me, he's extremely shy and introverted, but he is also the most arrogant person I know and that includes fighter pilots, doctors and lawyers.
ARaven0137 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Fuzzybear, medievalbushman